Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the version of PHP for an individual site, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] In the previous video,…I changed the default version…of PHP in Preferences to PHP 7.1…and I've opened a file called destructure.php,…which contains a short script…that uses a feature that's new to PHP 7.1.…As these results in Live view clearly show,…I'm using valid syntax, the script is running fine,…but down here in Code view,…the line number for line seven has turned red…and if I mouse over it, we get an error message,…syntax error, unexpected, left square bracket.…
Dreamweaver's syntax checker is objecting to this structure.…Here I'm using the shorthand array structure…inside a foreach loop and this is a technique…which is known as array destructuring assignment.…It's new to PHP 7.1 and it's a shorthand way…of assigning the keys of this multi-dimensional array…to new variables.…So why is Dreamweaver displaying a false error message…even though I set the default PHP version…in Preferences to 7.1?…Well, the answer is that each individual site…can have its own level…of PHP syntax checking and code hints.…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel