Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up users, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…One of the greatest benefits to working with…WordPress is its ability to handle multiple users.…Not only is it set up to allow any number of users to work on…entering and editing content, but they are built-in…roles that can control who can do what.…So I'm going to expand the Users category, which you see here.…And you see we can list all the users, add a new one, or check your own profile.…Let's go to All Users to see how many are set up.…Well, there's just the one when we set up WordPress.…
And you can always add new users.…Now a typical situation that might come into play,…is that when you hand it over to a client.…So I'm going to go ahead and add in a new user, I'll click Add New,…and start filling out the new user form.…So let's say username, I'm just going to put in Debra.…Client email, firstname.lastname@example.org. First Name, Debra.…Second Name, Client.…
Now I'm just going to leave the website blank for now.…And okay, so you need to enter a password for them, and I'm going to…go ahead and enter something.…As you can see by the strength indicator below…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.