Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up search, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
A search field is a special type of text field introduced in HTML5.…Browsers that support the search field automatically give it rounded corners and…add a clear field button.…jQuery Mobile goes a step further by identifying it with a magnifying glass icon…and only adding the clear field icon when there is text to actually clear.…Here you can see an example of that search field and notice the magnifying glass…icon on the left and if I type in a search term like mountain, the clear field…icon with the X appears, and if I click on it, the field is cleared.…
Let's see how you implement that.…I'm going to switch over to the index. html page from the Chapter 6 > 06_10 folder.…Now I want to add my search field to the bottom of the Top Trails section of our index page.…So over in Design View, I'm going to scroll down.…There is Top Trails and I want this to appear after this last div.…So I am going to put my cursor in the Santa Anita Canyon Loop div, select that…from the tag selector and then press the Right Arrow key to move just past that. All right!…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.