Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up media queries, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…Everyday, more and more people visit Websites through what…used to be called alternative devices, tablets and phones.…Responsive Web Design is a powerful strategy to…handle the problems brought by multiple screen output.…In this chapter, I'll show you how to set…up a major responsive Web Design component, Media Queries.…For your WordPress blog site, for both…tablets and phone sized screens.…This lesson, will focus on a establishing the media…queries properly, as well as a vital Meta Tag.…
A Media Query, is a technique for serving targeted CSS rules, conditionally.…The most common use of Media Queries is to change the CSS…depending on the width of the device being used to view the site.…Now, before we go any…further, I want to show you a little bit about the power of media queries.…Here we are in the blog com and it's showing at the full Desktop screen size.…Dreamweaver has some very nice capabilities…for quickly shifting to other size screens.…Down at the bottom near the right you see three icons one…the middle is the tablet size that we're going to be working…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.