Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the header, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…In the previous lesson we changed the background color…and page width of the blog to match our site.…Now we're going to work our way from the top down, starting with the Header.…So I have both BlogComp.htm.…And index.php, from our WordPress Blog folder open,…and I'm in live view, in both documents.…As you've seen earlier in the course, WordPress is very big on dynamically…building the page by including its constituent parts.…The header file is one such part.…
And typically includes any pre HTML code, the opening HTML tag, the entire…head tag, the opening body tag, and any header area prior to the main content.…All of this code is contained in the header.php file.…To preserve our parent theme, we need to copy…the header.php file from the custom theme folder to our Roux theme folder.…So I'm going to go expand files again.…And again, let's go all the way here. I'm going to drill down.…
I have within the Theme folder, my Custom folder already expanded.…There's header.php.…I'm going to copy that file. And then let's just collapse Custom.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.