Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up an existing WordPress site, part of Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Mobile Sites.
Web designers wear many hats, and from time to time, they're called to take over…and expand upon an existing site.…If you're working with a plain HTML site, the handover can be as simple as…copying a set of files.…However, if you're working with a WordPress site, life just got a little more complicated.…In this movie, I'm going to show you the steps you need to take when…expanding an existing WordPress site that's not your design, and along the…way, show viewers who would like to use this course's exercise files how to…set up your local site.…
This course assumes that you already have a local PHP MySQL development…environment established.…The first step is to create a new database.…So I'm going to go over to phpmyadmin up in my browser, and click Databases, and…then create a new database, and we're calling this one tpa, which is short for the…site's company, Trans Planet Airlines, and then a hyphen, mobile, and click Create.…It's very quick and easy.…
Next, because this is going to be a WordPress-centric site, I'm going to copy a…
- Setting up an existing WordPress site
- Targeting configurable site elements
- Setting up media queries
- Preparing for adaptive images
- Styling a blog for tablets
- Restructuring navigation for different-sized displays
- Developing a WordPress site for phones
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Core Conceptswith Joseph Lowery5h 44m Intermediate
1. Preparing Your Site to Go Mobile
Understanding media queries3m 50s
2. Retrofitting for Multiple Screens
3. Implementing a Full Mobile Redesign Strategy
4. Styling a Blog for Tablets
5. Developing a WordPress Site for Phones
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.