Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up WordPress, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…So now our database is created, the basic…site is placed in the local web server, and…we're ready to go on to the next…step, where we're finally ready to get to WordPress.…To get the latest version, go to wordpress.org.…Not wordpress.com, but wordpress.org.…And once you're there, click either of the Download WordPress links you see.…That will take you to the download page where you can click…Download WordPress 3.8 or whatever the current version number is.…Now it's entirely possible that WordPress may have released a…minor bug fixed version by the time you take this course.…
Don't worry though.…The techniques I'm demonstrating throughout the…course will work with them both.…Now I've already downloaded and expanded the ZIP file and placed it on my desktop.…Once you've expanded the ZIP archive,…copy the WordPress folder.…So now it's time to integrate these WordPress files into our existing site.…I'm going to open up a finder window.…And then navigate to my web server route, which I've placed under…the Favorites here htdocs and there's the site that we've set up.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.