Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting site preferences for Less and Sass, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] For some time now, Dreamweaver has supported…editing source files for the two most popular…CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass,…but this version of Dreamweaver also compiles them…without the need to install extra software.…The preferences for Sass and Less…are set on a site-by-site basis,…so we need to edit the site definition.…So go to Site, Manage Sites, select the site…that you want to edit, then click this pencil icon,…and then we need to select CSS Preprocessors…from the list on the left, and then, first, General.…
The General panel has options for both Less and Sass.…Just select those that are relevant…to whichever preprocessor you're using.…By default, Dreamweaver automatically compiles…the CSS output whenever you save a Less or Sass file.…If you don't want that to happen,…you need to deselect this checkbox.…You can then initiate compilation manually…from the Tools menu, or by pressing F9.…There are four options for Less,…all of which are deselected by default.…
The first two, Enable strict math and Enable strict units,…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.