Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting a dissolve transition between previews, part of Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
These are going to be set up vars from thumbnail.…Then down here, these two statements we made earlier, the update preview…and gallery_caption,…we are actually going to use these inside of another function.…I am going to save my document so far, and let's come in here. And the first thing…we want to do, once we click on of these functions--and remember we are still…working inside of the anchor tag clickEvent--…the first thing we are going to do, add a Dollar sign, beginning and ending parentheses,…two tick marks, .gallery_caption.…
We are going to take the caption div.…We are going to use jQuery slideUp.…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The finished state of the interactive photo gallery in this course shows a clickable preview. When you click on the preview image, or on the view larger icon, a larger lightbox image appears. Chris's example has a close button and border surronding the large image, but mine doesn't. Did I miss a step?
Q: This course was updated in April, 2013. What changed?
A: Since the release of this course, Internet Explorer 9 and 10 have been released, and sometimes these browsers do not activate interactive HTML content. To remedy this problem, the author has added a movie to Chapter 10 that will show you how to:
- Update the HTML to HTML5
- Update the version of jQuery
- Use the Google html5shiv to keep compatibility with Internet Explorer 7 & 8