Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we'll take a quick look at…some important changes that have been made…to PHP support in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.…I assume that you're already familiar with using…Dreamweaver to develop PHP sites,…and if you're using the exercise files for this course,…that you've copied the contents of the…chapter two folder to a PHP-enabled site.…If you're new to PHP, you'll first need to install PHP…as described in David Gassner's course,…Installing Apache, MySQL, and PHP in the lynda.com…or LinkedIn Learning library.…
You'll also need to set up a site in Dreamweaver…with a testing server, following the instructions…in this Dreamweaver help article.…The help page also links to an article…that I wrote for Adobe about setting up a…PHP testing server in Dreamweaver CS5.…The link is down here.…Now although this article was written…way back in the year 2000,…it's still valid for Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.…Right, let's get back to Dreamweaver.…The most important change is that Dreamweaver…now has full support for PHP 7.1.…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel