Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up Photoshop, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Designing for the web is a bit different…then designing for print,…because the web is a flexible and dynamic space.…This means it's important that you set up…your Photoshop document correctly before you begin…working on your web design mockup.…In other words you have to know where you're going…before you begin your journey.…Before we set up Photoshop let's talk for a minute…about wireframing, mockups, and prototyping.…Wireframing is a great way to determine the structure…or architecture of the site.…This step can be completed by drawing on paper,…sketching on the computer,…or using special wireframing applications.…
The point with wireframing is not to make…any aesthetic choices, but rather…to determine the organization and placement of elements…including branding, navigation, header, footer,…and main content.…You can do wireframing for a single page…to determine the overall layout strategy…for key pages with specific layouts…or the entire site given the scope of work,…timeframe, and budget.…In addition to wireframing…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.