Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up Dreamweaver, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Before you begin any web project…in Dreamweaver, it's vital that you do something…called managing a site.…The main reason to do it is to ensure that…all of your site files are in one location,…and that Dreamweaver writes link paths correctly…to your project files.…In addition, managing a site also lets you take advantage…of Dreamweaver's robust site-wide editing…and site management features.…Let me show you how it works.…The process is simple, and it only takes a couple minutes.…
You'll start by launching Dreamweaver…and selecting Site, New Site to open up the dialogue box.…You can also access this dialogue box through the…Site, Manage Sites window, then click on New Site,…or you can choose the Manage Sites option…at the bottom of the drop down menu…in the Files panel.…Once the site setup dialogue box is open,…enter a name for your project in the Site Name field.…The name can be anything you like,…but it often makes sense to use the name…of your client or project.…
In this case, we'll use Topsy Turvy Cake Design.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.