Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Sending contact form content, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- View Offline
- Once you've created your contact form,…you then need to send this data out…to, actually, a middleware page, a PHP page,…in this case, to process it and then send the email.…And not only that, once that email is sent,…you need to display a thank you page.…So those are the different parts we're gonna work on now,…and luckily, this "Contact" form is already set up.…It's called "form1".…In fact, we can take a look right down here,…with that selected,…and I just opened up the "Properties" panel, by the way,…and we need to post this data.…
We need to post this data to a specific page…that is going to live on your server.…It's gonna be different for each provider, but it is at…"paulsdesignshop.com…"/formmail.php".…That's the page that's gonna do the processing, ok?…Now, I actually have provided that page already,…and we can take a look at it.…We'll go to "Open" up that particular page.…It happens to be in your "Exercise Files"…and "Assets", inside of this "Other" folder,…this "formmail.php".…
This is actually for a GoDaddy.…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website