Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Save a find and replace query, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] When maintaining a website it's really useful…to be able to save complex or frequently used Find…and Replace queries for future use.…It's an essential feature that disappeared when Dreamweaver…was revamped a couple of years ago.…But now it's back in Dreamweaver CC 2019.…To demonstrate its use, the exercise files contain these…two pages, the dummy tax and phone numbers.…Several years ago, London in the UK…replaced it's two area codes with a single one…and prefixed the original number with seven or eight,…and this scenario was a prime example of how saving…and loading a Find and Replace query…can speed up your work.…
To save a query, you need to go to the Find menu…and select the second item,…Find and Replace in files.…Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut…Ctrl + Shift + F on windows or command Shift + F on a Mac,…and that opens this big Find and Replace dialogue box.…And here at the top right are two new icons,…first one to save query and the second one to load a query.…To be able to find and replace both area codes.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.