Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting the scope of a quick search, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you want to restrict your search…to selected text or to a specific HTML tag.…In this video, we look at how to do so…when using the Quick Find bar in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.…As I mentioned in the previous video,…I think that Quick Find is best suited…to working in Code view.…Let's start by searching in selected text.…I'm going to select the text in this paragraph on line 32…by dragging across, and then we can open the Quick Find bar…by going to the Find menu…and selecting either Find in Current Document…or Replace in Current Document,…or you can use the keyboard shortcuts.…
To open just the Find field, it's Control + F on Windows,…or Command + F on a Mac,…and to open both the Find and Replace fields,…it's Control + H on Windows,…or Command + Option + F on a Mac,…and because I'd already selected the text,…Dreamweaver has assumed that's what I want…to populate the Find field with.…Sometimes that is what you want, but not in this case.…And notice, also, that because I'd selected a large amount…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.