Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Restricting the scope of a quick search, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Sometimes you want to restrict your search…to selected text or to a specific HTML tag.…In this video we'll look at how to do so…when using the quick find bar in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.…As I mentioned in the previous video,…I think that quick find is best suited…to working in code view.…Let's start by searching in selected text.…I'm going to select the text in this paragraph on line 32…by dragging across,…and then we can open the quick find bar…by going to the Find menu and selecting either…Find in Current Document or Replace in Current Document,…or you can use the keyboard shortcuts…to open just the Find field.…
It's ctrl + f on Windows or cmd + f on a Mac.…And to open both the Find and Replace fields…it's ctrl + H on Windows or cmd + opt + f on a Mac.…And because I'd already selected the text…Dreamweaver has assumed that want I want to populate…the Find field with.…Sometimes that is what you want,…but not in this case.…And notice also that because I'd selected…a large amount of text…the Find field and the Replace field,…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel