Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick find and replace in the current document, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Find and Replace has undergone…a major overhaul in Dreamweaver CC 2017.1,…but I think the changes make a lot of sense.…Let's begin by taking a look at the Find menu.…The first point to notice is that…even though I've got a page open in Live view,…the first view items are not grayed out.…The next point to notice is that…the first item is Find in Current Document…and it uses the same keyboard shortcut…that was previously assigned to Find and Replace.…Control + F on Windows, Command + F on a Mac.…
And there's a separate option…for Replace in Current Document,…and that has a different keyboard shortcut.…It's Control + H on Windows,…on a Mac it's Command + Option + F.…The third item at the top of the Find menu…is Find and Replace in Files.…I'll come back to that later in this chapter.…In this video, I'm going to concentrate…on the two options for the current document.…At the moment, the document window is in Live view.…But when I select Find in Current Document…or press Control or Command + F,…Dreamweaver automatically opens Split view…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?