Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick Edit, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] One of the coolest new features…in Code View is called Quick Edit.…I've opened dining.html in the Begin folder…of the Exercise Files for this video.…And to make it easier to see how Quick Edit works…I'm going to split my screen vertically…by going to the View menu, Split, and Split Vertically.…I'm also going to collapse these panels…on the right by clicking the double chevron up there.…If I scroll down in live view, down at the bottom…of this page is an article with the id "roomservice."…It's already got some styling,…but I think it needs a little extra.…
So that's time for a Quick Edit.…In Code View we need to find that…article with the id "roomservice."…Though it is on line 51, click anywhere inside…the name of the id or inside the id attribute itself.…Then on Windows hold down the Control key,…on a Mac hold down the Command key, and press E.…Code View slides open to display the styles applied…to this element in an editable window.…And notice that the line numbers go from 51 here…down to 52, just below that editable window.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.
Q: This course was updated on 12/20/2018. What changed?
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Code View Improvements
2. Real-Time Preview
3. CSS Preprocessor Integration
4. Find and Replace
5. PHP Support
PHP code hints5m 59s
6. Other Changes
Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release
Overview of new features2m 43s
8. Bootstrap 4 Integration
9. Dreamweaver CC 2019 MAX Release
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.