Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick Edit, part of Dreamweaver CC 2017: New Features.
- [Instructor] One of the coolest new features…in Code View is called Quick Edit.…I've opened dining.html in the begin folder…of the Exercise Files for this video…and to make it easier to see how Quick Edit works,…I'm going to split my screen vertically by going…to the view menu, split, then split vertically.…I'm also going to collapse these panels on the right…by clicking that double chevron up there.…If I scroll down in live view,…down at the bottom of this page is an article…with the ID Room Service.…
It's already got some styling…but I think it needs a little extra.…So that's time for a quick edit.…In code view, we need to find that article…with the ID Room Service, there is it on line 51.…Click anywhere inside the name of the ID,…or inside the ID attribute itself then on Windows…hold down the control key,…on a Mac hold down the command key and press E.…Code view slides open to display…the styles applied to this element in an editable window…and notice that the line numbers go from…51 here down to 52 just below that editable window.…
Stay tuned for new tutorials and Dreamweaver tips. We'll update the course every time Adobe releases changes in 2017.
- Exploring the Start screen and reorganized workspaces
- Working with the improved Code View
- Getting real-time previews of your designs
- Styling content with SCSS and Bourbon