Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Quick Docs as a CSS reference, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Quick Docs offers a quick way of finding out…what a CSS property is for and the values it accepts.…Put your cursor inside any CSSStyleDeclaration,…doesn't matter whether you're inside the property name…or the value, then on Windows hold down the Control key,…on a Mac hold down the Command key, and press K.…A window slides open with an explanation…of what the property's for,…as well as the values it accepts.…The information comes from WebPlatform.org,…a collaborative project of the W3C, Adobe, Apple,…and other leading organizations involved with web standards.…
The window doesn't sit on top of code view,…so you can still see all of your styles.…If I just scroll down a little bit,…we can see that we are here on line 15…and then the next line is line 16.…You can also open more than one window.…So say you're not sure of the difference…between two properties,…you can open a second window and compare the descriptions.…To close a window, click this X at the top left,…alternatively use the same keyboard shortcut…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.