Learn how to publish the Wix website using a Wix.com domain name. Also, explore custom domain names and pricing options.
- [Instructor] To this point in time…our website that we've been working on…has only been accessible to you, the website builder.…No one else has been able to see it at this point.…So now that the site is done it's time to launch,…which is great.…That means the rest of the world…will be able to see this website.…So there's a couple of ways to go about launching.…You can launch with either a Wix-based domain name…or you can get your own custom one.…A domain name is what goes in this bar…up here at the top of the page.…
This is what you type in to access the website,…that's the address.…And so right now up here at the top…you see that we're at wix.com/website/builder…and a bunch of gobbledygook,…this is all used in the programming of the website.…What we want to do is come up with something else…either than www will wind up being some other name there…in from of wix.com.…And that is free in order to publish with that…under some plans.…Or you can purchase a domain name…and have it add here to the Wix site.…
So let's go through how to do some of that.…
- Creating a new website with Wix
- Choosing a theme and fonts
- Editing page content, layout, banners, images, and sections
- Adding new pages
- Integrating video and social media links
- Publishing your Wix website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Creating the Initial Site
Sign up and log in2m 11s
2. Editing Page Content
3. Advanced Features
4. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.