Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing for Android development, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
Android mobile app development in Dreamweaver is available for both Mac and Windows users.…You'll need Mac 10.5.8 or later and if you're on Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.…You'll also need the Android SDK which Dreamweaver makes a snap to install, but…before we get to the Android SDK you want to make sure you've got the 11.5.1…update for Dreamweaver installed.…You can check the version number on the Macintosh by going to Dreamweaver >…About Dreamweaver, on Windows, go to Help and choose About Dreamweaver.…
When the screen comes up, check the Build number it should be 5344 or later then…click once to dismiss the window.…If you don't have the update installed, go to Help and choose Updates that will…begin the process so that you can download the latest version.…It's essential that you set up your Dreamweaver environment properly.…Each mobile app must have its own Site.…Let's take the basic app developed over the course of Chapter 2 and give its…own Dreamweaver Site, because it's a mobile app that'll be packaged by Android…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.