Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Positioning images and text via CSS, part of Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUB.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
For the most part, positioning your graphics and your text in your EPUB is a manual labor.…You need to simply keep referring to your reference, like here we have the…cover of the InDesign document, and then grab that text and paste it into your HTML file.…I am going to jump over to the Finder where I have my Lost Highway getting…started here. And here is page01,. And here is what I have so far.…On the left we're looking at Code view, and here's the header section and…then the body section.…
The best thing you do is just to start adding all of your images and all of your…text just using normal semantic markup.…Don't try to make them look perfect in the HTML file.…So, for example, "I just added Lost Highway, An Arizona and New Mexico Road Trip,…Photographs by Nigel French" one right after the other, just as they appear here…in the InDesign file.…The image is already correct. It's the cover.jpg, and all I did was replace…the cover.jpg in my existing template file for my fixed-layout EPUBs.…
Whenever you add an image, you also want to make sure you can add an alt tag.…
- Comparing fixed-layout and flowing EPUBs
- Replacing placeholders in the fixed-layout template
- Extracting content from PDFs with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Reader
- Using free scripts to streamline fixed-layout production
- Extracting text and its formatting from InDesign layouts
- Exporting InDesign layouts to single-page HTML files
- Adding viewport and orientation instructions
- Embedding your own fonts
- Creating faux text wraps around background images
- Validating the EPUB
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5.5 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción5h 56m Intermediate
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout EPUB Format
2. Starting from Scratch
3. Starting with a PDF
Extracting text7m 4s
4. Starting with an InDesign File, CC 9.2 or Earlier
5. Starting with an InDesign CC 2014 File
6. Editing CSS for Precise Positioning
Next steps2m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.