Most text content for a website is prepared in an external file, such as a Microsoft Word document. In this video, learn how to ensure the text is pasted in the correct place by selecting dummy text in the target column.Also, explore how Dreamweaver preserves formatting from Word documents that use headings and paragraph styles as well as how to format text pasted in from rich text format.
- [Instructor] Working with placeholder content…is great for rapid prototyping,…but eventually you need to add the real content.…Doing so is easy.…Particularly if the text is supplied…as a Microsoft Word document that's been formatted…using heading and paragraph styles.…In the exercise files for this video,…there's this new folder, content.…And it contains two files.…They both contain the same text content,…but in different formats.…This first one highlights.docx…is in Microsoft Word format,…and the second one, highlights.rtf is in rich text format.…
If you've got Microsoft Word installed on your computer,…just double-click the first one…and it will open it in Microsoft Word.…I'm going to select the first heading, Spectacular Scenery…and the following paragraph.…The tip about when you're copying from…a Microsoft Word document that's been…correctly formatted with headings and paragraphs,…make sure that you get this little space at the end…after the paragraph or after the heading.…
If you do so, when you copy and paste into Dreamweaver,…
- Defining a layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for the page content
- Inserting a responsive image
- Resizing and duplicating columns
- Inserting fixed-size images
- Inserting cards
- Editing a carousel
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Bootstrap 4 Essential Trainingwith Ray Villalobos6h 46m Beginner
Bootstrap 4 Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Designwith Ray Villalobos3h 13m Intermediate
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
What you should know1m 46s
1. Get Started
2. Create the Site Navigation
3. Add a Hero Image
4. Work with Rows and Columns
5. Edit Bootstrap Components
6. Complete the Design
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.