In this video, explore the various techniques for adding text inside empty columns, including undocumented shortcuts. Also, learn how to remove unexplained gaps in the layout when working with empty columns.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter,…I showed you how to paste text from an external file…into a Bootstrap column using dummy text as an anchor.…But the features section that we created…in the previous video has four empty columns,…there's no anchor for us to use.…So, how do we get text into an empty column?…Well, the first one is going to be used for a heading…so let's try to enter some texts directly.…Select that first column…then double-click to enter Edit Mode.…We get this tiny little orange box here.…
Click inside there and then add the text that you want.…I'm going to create a heading…called A Vast Edifice of Stone and Space.…And then click away to exit Edit Mode.…And that text has gone in there but it's not a heading…and it doesn't appear to be anyway…to convert it into a heading.…Well, I'm going to let you into a little secret.…This is an undocumented part of Dreamweaver.…
With that column still selected,…on Windows, hold down the Control key,…on a Mac, hold down the Command key,…and press any number between one and six,…
- Defining a layout grid
- Inserting and modifying a navigation bar
- Adding a container for the page content
- Inserting a responsive image
- Resizing and duplicating columns
- Inserting fixed-size images
- Inserting cards
- Editing a carousel
Skill Level Intermediate
Design the Web: Responsive SVG Imageswith Chris Converse22m 46s Beginner
Bootstrap 4 Essential Trainingwith Ray Villalobos6h 46m Beginner
Bootstrap 4 Layouts: Responsive Single-Page Designwith Ray Villalobos3h 13m Intermediate
Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaverwith Sue Jenkins2h 27m Intermediate
What you should know1m 46s
1. Get Started
2. Create the Site Navigation
3. Add a Hero Image
4. Work with Rows and Columns
5. Edit Bootstrap Components
6. Complete the Design
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.