Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video PHP code hints, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Setting the PHP version for a site…not only effects syntax checking.…It also determines the range…of code hints provided by Dreamweaver,…and code hints also provide a visual reminder…of which version of PHP you've set the current site to.…I'm going to create a connection…to a MySQL compatible database, so I'll save it as db,…and as soon as I start typing MySQL,…code hints pop up, and I can tell that the PHP version…for this site has been set to PHP 7.1…because here on the right it says PHP 7:Core functionality.…
That doesn't mean this particular function…is exclusively PHP 7,…it just indicates the level of code hints in Dreamweaver.…The PHP versions that support the highlighted function…are listed down at the bottom of the code hints here,…so MySQLi is available both in PHP 5 and in PHP 7,…and if you click this link here,…that will take you directly to the PHP online documentation…for the highlighted function or class.…But let's say I still haven't learned how to use MySQLi,…and I want to use the old fashioned mysql_connect.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.