Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video PHP code hints, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Instructor] Setting the PHP version for a site…not only affects syntax checking,…it also determines the range of code hints…provided by Dreamweaver.…And code hints also provide a visual reminder…of which version of PHP you've set the current site to.…I'm going to create a connection to…a MySQL compatible database.…So I'll save it as DB.…And as soon as I start typing MySQL, code hints pop up.…And I can tell that the PHP version for this site…has been set to PHP 7.1.…
Because here on the right,…it says PHP seven, core functionality.…That doesn't mean this particular function…is exclusively PHP seven.…It just indicates the level of code hints in Dreamweaver.…The PHP versions that support the highlighted function…are listed down at the bottom of the code hints here.…So MySQLi is available both in PHP five,…and in PHP seven.…And if you click this link here,…that will take you directly to…the PHP online documentation…for the highlighted function or class.…
But let's say I still haven't learned…how to use MySQLi, and I want to use…
David Powers begins with find and replace, showing how to work with the streamlined Find and Replace bar, which now works only within the current document and is designed for quick find and replace operations. He also shows how to use find and replace in multiple documents, including advanced operations on a specific tag, as well as finding and selecting multiple elements in Code view. Next, he covers PHP support, explaining that Dreamweaver now supports PHP 7.1, and showing how to set the default version of PHP in Preferences, as well as how to set the version of PHP for an individual site. He wraps up by discussing a few smaller enhancements.
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel