Join David Powers for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of new features, part of Dreamweaver CC New Features.
- [Narrator] In this chapter we'll…take a brief look at what's new…in the Dreamweaver CC 2018 MAX Release.…MAX is Adobe's flagship conference…in which big new features are usually released.…But when you open Dreamweaver CC 2018…you could be forgiven for thinking…there's nothing new, there is.…But in the words of a senior product manager,…"Most of the effort has been around…"the platform rather than shiny new features."…He went on to say, "This release…"is about stabilizing after last year's…"huge investment in revamping the product."…So, what is new?…The two most important new features…are on Windows only.…
And they bring Dreamweaver into line…with the Mac version.…The Windows version of Dreamweaver CC 2018…now supports HiDPI monitors.…This offers a vast improvement…in the legibility of menus and panels…on high resolution displays.…According to Adobe, a significant…amount of engineering effort has…gone into this feature.…The other new feature on Windows…is the ability to undock a document…from Dreamweaver and move it onto a second monitor.…
- Restricting the scope of a quick search
- Finding and replacing more selectively
- Advanced find and replace in a specific tag
- Setting the default version of PHP in Preferences
- Applying a link to selected text in Live View
- Changing information displayed in the Files panel
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: find and replace and PHP support. In addition, new videos were added that cover code view improvements, Real-Time Preview, and CSS preprocessor integration.
Q: This course was updated on 03/30/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover using Bootstrap 4 and switching to Bootstrap 3.