Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing for search engines, part of Dreamweaver CC 2015: Creating a First Website.
- Now before I publish this site,…I wanna make sure it gets picked up by search engines.…This is done by editing the visual…and non-visual content of your site.…The short of it is, you wanna make sure…you have h1s and h2s, because this visual content…actually gets read by search engines.…It says, okay this is an important element.…It's gonna get picked up appropriately.…Same thing for this h2.…So that's what we wanna keep in mind.…Then as for any graphics, as I select this image right here,…and I will open up the properties panel right down here,…and we can take a look at this specific logo right here.…
It's really important as I just close this side panel,…we have alternative text and even a title,…because this information will also…get picked up by search engines.…I'll just say Paul's Design Shop,…and copy that and paste it also for the title.…So alternate text before the image loads,…and then even when you roll over it…you'll see it says Paul's Design Shop.…I wanna those sort of details across the site…to these different images for each logo right here,…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Website Design
2. Creating a Webpage
3. Stylizing Content
4. Adding Navigation and Pages
5. Creating a Flexible Layout
6. Adding Media
7. Creating a Contact Form
8. Testing and Uploading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.