Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimize web graphics with Photoshop, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Taking a look at our layout,…let's figure out which parts of it can be created with CSS…and which parts need to be optimized as web graphics.…Definitely we'll need the logo and the hero or banner image…and looks like there isn't anything else we need as graphics…except the social media icons at the bottom.…We'll start with this logo image here,…which I already have open in a separate document window.…This image uses flat color, type, and transparency,…so the best format would be a PNG.…
To quickly generate a PNG graphic,…we can use the command File, Export, Quick Export as PNG.…This prompts us to give the image a name…and specify the location in which to save it to.…The only drawback to this method…is that it doesn't offer us any options…to adjust the PNG settings before optimization.…Even so, the results are great.…If you want even greater control over image settings,…another way to optimize is to select…File, Export, Save for Web Legacy.…
This opens for the Save for Web dialog box,…where you can choose the file format…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.