Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Modifying general settings, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…A lot of thought has gone into…the Administrative Settings found in the WordPress dashboard.…You can easily customize it to best fit the workflow for you, or your client.…So, here in WordPress, let's go right down…to where the settings are over on the left,…and the very first one is the one that…you get when you just click on Settings, General.…Now, this is where the…blog title and tagline are found, should you ever need to change them.…Now, we never used the, description, which is the tagline,…so I'm actually going to remove that, and delete it.…
You can also change the WordPress address, and the site address, if you need to.…And those settings are the next two that you see here.…There's also, of course, a little bit further down on about mid-screen,…the e-mail address for administrative purposes, and right below that,…if you're working with Memberships, there's a check box for that.…Now, the bottom section…is all devoted to the Date and Time Format, which you…can modify if you're not using the standard US date format.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.