Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Mobile form basics, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Forms are as much a critical element in a mobile app as they are in a website.…I think it's safe to say that for the most part web forms are a mess…especially across browser.…Luckily, however, jQuery Mobile has made a notable effort to better the…mobile form experience.…One way in which forms are different in jQuery Mobile is that by default the…submission process is Ajax driven.…Meaning, it happens asynchronously.…This results in faster processing and all in all a better user experience.…
Once the user taps the Submit button jQuery Mobile intercepts the submission and…substitutes its own Ajax driven submission, keeping all of the field values…entered in the form.…When the server sends its response jQuery Mobile inserts that into the page DOM.…So there's not another page produced.…Now if you need to, you can get around the Ajax submission process by adding…a data-ajax="false" attribute to the form < tag > . Other differences are more noticeable.…
For one all of the form elements are presented with a unified themed parents.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.