Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Menu styles, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Next we can create the custom CSS styles…to make the navigation bar look like our mock-up.…Since all the custom styles will override…the default Bootstrap styles, we'll want to create…a new CSS source file to save all of the custom styles into.…To do that, we'll click on the Add CSS source button…at the top of the CSS Designer panel,…then choose Create A New CSS File.…When the dialogue box opens, we can choose the location…and file name of the new file.…
So if we want to save all of our CSS into the same location…in a folder called CSS, we'll type that in,…followed by a forward slash…and then the name of our new style sheet.…We'll call it topsyturvy.css and click okay.…Now we're ready to create our custom styles.…We will start by customizing…the background color of the nav bar.…To find the right style to update, we'll look into the code.…So let me click on the edges of the nav bar,…and scroll up in the code so you can see everything.…
The nav bar's container tag is the one here at the top,…called nav class, navbar, navbar-default.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.