Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Menu alignment, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] The last thing we need to do is…set the alignment so that our links are…centered on the navbar.…To do that we'll need to create two new styles.…You'll find these styles inside the exercise folder…at the root level of the HTML folder here.…I'm using sublime text but you can use any text editor…to review the code.…As you can see there are two styles.…One for the navbar-nav…and one for the list items inside it called navbar-nav li.…Note that the second style name…uses the greater than combinator symbol.…
When placed between selectors without…any extra spaces, the combinator indicates…the immediate children of,…such as all heading ones inside of a particular div…or in this case all lists items inside the…unordered list with the class nav navbar-nav.…Go ahead and copy and add these styles to your css.…Let's save and preview in a browser…to see how the menu scales.…So it looks pretty good, but since we can't…control for every browser situation,…we're going to do one more thing to make sure…that the navigation menu links are center line…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.