Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the most of the Property inspector's CSS tab, part of Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
CSS, short for Cascading Style Sheets is your medium for controlling the…presentation of your web text as well as other elements.…The Property Inspector's CSS tab is one of Dreamweaver's major interfaces for…managing CSS and text.…The CSS tab is only available when text is selected.…So I have opened here the mission.htm file from the Chapter 1 > 01_02 folder,…and here we are in Design View, and notice, if you take a look at the Property…Inspector, there are two tabs on the left;…we have HTML and CSS.…
So I'm going to click on CSS now, and here you see a completely different…interface from the HTML tab.…This tab of the Property Inspector works by identifying Targeted Rules.…So notice because I don't have any selection, the Targeted Rule goes to the body.…But if I put my cursor in the h1, then the rule for that tag, which in this case…is the h1 inside of the mainContent div, is shown.…Now if I expand the Targeted Rule list, you'll see the Cascade of all the rules…that apply right to that h1.…
So you can quickly get a sense of what's impacting that particular selection.…
- Modifying type in the CSS Styles panel
- Understanding the different type measurement unit options
- Allowing users to set page type size
- Employing web-safe fonts
- Exploring CSS 3 typeface options
- Setting up @font-face
- Applying color and transparency to type
- Styling the font weight, case, and letter spacing
- Inserting drop caps
- Rotating text with CSS transform
- Laying out text in multiple columns
- Incorporating ordered and unordered lists
- Targeting lists items with the nth-child selector
Skill Level Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Doyald Young, Logotype Designerwith Doyald Young1h 41m Appropriate for all
1. Modifying Type in Dreamweaver
2. Establishing the Proper Type Unit
Working with pixels2m 34s
3. Choosing Site Typefaces
4. Integrating Color
Applying color to type4m 52s
5. Selecting Type Styles
6. Using Advanced CSS Text Effects
7. Structuring CSS Text
8. Defining Lists with HTML and CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.