Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Make a gallery, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] For the last page of the Topsy Turvy website…we'll add a simple responsive gallery to display examples…of custom cake designs on the showcase page.…We'll start with the about page open,…then save it as showcase.html,…or in this case just showcase.…Dreamweaver will add the .html extension for us.…We'll need to delete two rows to make room for the gallery.…First click inside row one, then go to the DOM panel…and click the div with the container-fluid class…directly above it.…
Then click delete on your keyboard to make that guy go away.…We'll do the same thing for the Meet Audry row.…Clicking on the container-fluid right above the row…that says Meet Audry and pressing delete.…In code view you should now see two extra comment tags…below the end nav.…We'll edit the Meet Audry comment to say end showcase.…Then we'll delete the comment for row one,…which leaves our cursor flashing on line 50…in the code between those two comments.…
The first thing we'll add here is a horizontal rule…by selecting Insert HTML.…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.