Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Linking your navigation, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…As we continue to customize our blog header,…we basically have style now but no real substance.…Let me show you what I mean by previewing index.php as I have here in Live View.…Let's say that I want to try and click on About, so I'm going to make sure that…under Live View Options, Follow Links Continuously is selected and it is. Good.…So I'll go over to About and…click on that.…And surprise, surprise, it can't find the file.…
Because what it's doing, is it's going to the About path that is within the blog.…And that's not what we want at all.…So to tackle this issue, we're going to need…to integrate a little WordPress specific PHP code.…So I'm going to go ahead and hit my Back button.…To handle the situation we'll need to bring in a custom function.…Luckily they're pretty easy to write, just basic PHP, and even easier to implement.…For this I'm going to need to open up my Files panel, and let me…expand it so we can dive all the way in, and I'm going to expand Custom.…
Now, within that, you'll see a file called functions.php.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.