Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video The Link Checker panel, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] The next tool I want to show you…is the Link Checker which finds and lists…any broken links as well as identifies…all the external links on the site.…To launch the Link Checker, you'll go to the Site Menu,…choose Site Options then Check Links Sitewide.…In addition to checking the links…for the entire managed site, if you click the Play button,…you can also check links in the current document…or in selected files through the Files panel.…When you choose the Check Links in Current Document,…the results are detailed along the bottom edge of the panel…showing Valid, Broken and External links.…
Within the panel, you'll see a menu at the top…where you can toggle between Broken Links,…External Links and Orphan Files.…Then in the center, you'll see a list of web pages…sorted by file name.…To edit a broken link, like this broken link…to the showcase page, you'll click on the broken link area…then you can type in the HTML.…The same goes for viewing and editing the URL…in the external links area.…
For orphan files, you have to run a report…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.