Join Sue Jenkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Layout and navigation, part of Designing Websites from Photoshop to Dreamweaver.
- [Instructor] Now that we have the logo…and text in our Photoshop mock-up,…it's time to block out the layout and navigation.…At this point, if we have a wireframe to reference,…we can use that for general measurements…or at least to get a rough idea…of where things might go in our design.…Now in my experience, the logo should never occupy…any area taller than about 200 pixels high.…So we'll begin by dragging in a guide…from the ruler at about 200 pixels tall.…I actually like to use my Rectangular Marquee Tool…to get the right dimensions.…
Then when I drag a guide onto the art board,…it snaps nicely to the edge of the selection.…Now this layout is 1170 pixels wide,…but the actual active area for Bootstrap…within this space is only 1140 pixels wide.…Therefore, we'll add vertical guides…at 15 pixels in from both the left and right edges.…We'll add the first 15 pixel guide on the left.…I'll hold down my Shift key…so I can get a nice 15 by 15 pixel square…and drag out a guide.…
Then I can actually drag this little selection area…
- Setting up the Photoshop and Dreamweaver workspaces
- Planning a site and defining site goals
- Making a site mockup
- Deciding on branding and content
- Adjusting color and fonts
- Slicing graphics
- Optimizing graphics for the web
- Creating a favicon
- Working with Bootstrap files
- Creating a navigation menu
- Using the Photoshop extractor
- Coding for SEO
- Making sites accessible
- Checking for errors with the Validator tool
- Using the Clean Up HTML tool
- Using the Link Checker panel
- Building pages with HTML
- Styling pages with CSS
- Making site galleries and carousels
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver CC 2015: Responsive Design with Bootstrapwith David Powers2h 10m Appropriate for all
Creating a Responsive Web Designwith Chris Converse3h 47m Beginner
1. Setting Up Your Workspace
2. Creating a Photoshop Mockup
3. Optimizing Web Graphics
4. Creating Dreamweaver Bootstrap Files
5. Building Site Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.