Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing the PhoneGap framework, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
PhoneGap is extremely robust and supports seven different mobile platforms:…iOS for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, Android, BlackBerry, Windows, HP…webOS, Nokia's Symbian, and Samsung's Bada.…However, Dreamweaver currently only supports two: iOS and Android.…Luckily, these are by far the two largest markets.…You can use the PhoneGap feature to develop Android apps on either the Mac or PC.…
Creating an iOS app is a Mac-only process.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.