Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrating other media, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…An embedded video can really make a blog post jump off the page.…However, you can't use the same techniques…you would in Dreamweaver to make it happen.…Let me show you a quick way to embed a YouTube…video in a blog post without resorting to plug-ins or other add-ons.…We're going to start by creating a new post, so I'll…go up to New>Post, and let's give it a title, Video…Production Project Online.…
Now, before we go any further. I want to show you the path, not to take.…You might think that the Add Media button that we see here, is the way to go.…Especially as when I open it up, you see there's an Insert from URL option.…However, if you follow this path, all Word Press will do…is add a link to that video, or whatever the other media is, onto your page.…While that might be okay in some cases,…in this particular scenario it's not what we want.…So, let me close the Add Media screen.…
And let me add a little bit of text into the post.…The new project, from Video Production 201,…is now online.…Check it out.…Now, I want my video to appear below my text, so I've entered a new…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.