Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Integrating the footer, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8 Essential Training.
…There's just one major area left to tackle, and that's the footer.…Like the other sections, you'll need to modify the CSS, the HTML, and the PHP.…As with the other two main sections, the header and the…content area, there's a separate page that controls the footer content.…And since we'll need to modify the code of that page, we're…going to need to copy that file, footer.php from the parent theme folder…to the child.…Now we'll also need to reopen index.php after we do…that, so let me go ahead and just close that off.…
Alright, so I'll go to the files panel, and again let me expand that.…We'll expand Custom, go to my footer.php page.…Copy that,…go into the root folder and paste it.…Now, we're ready to re-open index.php from the root of the blog.…And let's go to design view, Discover and this time we'll filter down…to style.CSS;footer.php.…So now let's go into live…view, make sure everything loads correctly, it does…and will go down to our footer, which as you can see is just a simple…little copyright line.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Author update on April 4, 2014:
WordPress 3.8.2 is now available from wordpress.org. The update focuses on security issues and should not impact this course in any way. A much bigger release, 3.9, is currently a release candidate and will likely go live later in April. I'm currently evaluating what impact v3.9 will have on this course.
Building Themes with Dreamweaver and WordPresswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.