This video describes how to check whether Git has already been installed in macOS. If it hasn't, instructions are given on how to obtain Git and install it on a Mac computer. Also learn how to use Terminal to check that Git has been successfully installed, and how to set the user credentials for Git.
- [Instructor] Before you can start using…Git version control in Dreamweaver CC,…Git needs to be installed in your local computer.…In this video, I'll show you how to do it on a Mac.…First let's see whether Git is already installed.…To do that, we need to open Terminal.…I've got it here in my Dock,…but you can also find it Application Utilities.…At command line, type git followed by a space,…- - version and then press Return.…Now, I get this arrow message,…so Git is obviously not installed on my computer.…
But, if you see Git version followed by a number,…that means that Git is already installed…and you're ready to start working with Dreamweaver.…But if you're in my situation,…you need to go to the Git website…and download and install Git.…So, let's go to the Git website.…It's at git-scm.com.…It's free and open-source,…so all we need to do is to go to…the Downloads for Mac button, click that.…The download should start automatically,…but I find that on a Mac, you almost always have to click…this link to start to the download automatically.…
- Why use Git in Dreamweaver CC?
- Installing Git on Windows and macOS
- Setting Git preferences
- Working with a local repository
- Staging and committing files
- Modifying files
- Creating a branch
- Rolling back
- Working with remote repositories