To use the Git user interface in Dreamweaver, Git must be installed on your local computer. This video describes how to obtain Git and install it on a Windows computer. It also shows you how to launch Git Bash, which emulates the Linux environment used by Git. It allows you to check that Git has been successfully installed, and also allows you to set the user credentials for Git.
- [Instructor] To use Git Version Control…with Dreamweaver CC, Git must first be installed…on your local computer.…This video explains how to install Git on Windows.…If you're on a Mac, skip to the next video.…Git is free and open source,…so go to the Git website at git-scm.com…and then click this Downloads for Windows button.…The download should start automatically…and prompt you to save the exe file to your local computer.…I'm going to save to my Downloads folder, just click Save.…
The file is about 37 megabytes,…so it usually downloads quite quickly.…Once it's been downloaded to your local computer, launch it,…and the Install Wizard guides you…through the installation process.…It involves quite a lot of screens on Windows,…but with one exception, you can select the default options.…It begins by displaying the open source license.…So click Next, then it asks where you want to install it.…It automatically selects Program Files on your C drive.…
Should normally accept this and click Next.…You're then asked which components to install.…
- Why use Git in Dreamweaver CC?
- Installing Git on Windows and macOS
- Setting Git preferences
- Working with a local repository
- Staging and committing files
- Modifying files
- Creating a branch
- Rolling back
- Working with remote repositories