Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Initializing the gallery on page load, part of Create an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
I am going to hit Copy, copy this to the clipboard.…Now, I need to stay within the document ready but outside of the anchor tag clickevent.…That goes from here to here.…So let's come outside of that area. Still inside the document ready.…Let's put a comment for ourselves.…We'll just say initialize gallery on load, hit Return, Command+V or Ctrl+V for…paste, and we're going to paste in all of these instructions.…
So at the very top, we have these declarations.…
Download a copy of the finished web site here.
- Preparing gallery photos using Adobe Bridge
- Adding and linking thumbnail images
- Creating the layout in HTML and CSS
- Downloading and adding jQuery to the project
- Creating preview images from anchor links
- Implementing the preload functionality
- Building a customized lightbox with the Fancybox plug-in
- Styling the zoom and contact links