Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Including administration interactivity, part of Dreamweaver CC and WordPress 3.8: Core Concepts.
…Increasing, I've find client's who are asking…for more and more control over their websites.…WordPress gives you the power to expose that…control right in its administrative interface, the dashboard.…In this lesson, we'll take the side bar…advertisement that was introduced in the previous lesson.…And extend it so that the client can decide how many ads…to show or not show ads at all, right from a custom option…in WordPress.…Now to build the custom interface we're going to be working in…DreamWeaver with two of our Roux theme pages sidebar.php and functions.php.…
So, I've used the Custom Filter to restrict…our dynamically related files to just those pages.…Let's go to the SideBar page first.…What I need to do is to go down to where we added in the home_ad_1.…Widget placeholder.…What we'll do here, is to get the plugin options from WordPress.…And then if those options match a certain condition that will set up.…Show the one widget add that we have here. So first, let's get the options.…This goes into a php code block.…
- Setting up WordPress locally
- Establishing your Dreamweaver CC site
- Adding and editing posts and pages
- Customizing WordPress themes
- Building responsive layouts
- Extending WordPress editable pages
- Using and styling WordPress plugins
- Integrating jQuery functionality
- Publishing your WordPress site with Dreamweaver
- Personalizing and enhancing WordPress
Skill Level Intermediate
Dreamweaver and WordPress: Building Themeswith Joseph Lowery1h 47m Intermediate
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Setting Up WordPress
2. Exploring Your WordPress Site in Dreamweaver CC
3. Creating Content
4. Working with WordPress Themes
5. Customizing a Theme
6. Providing Responsive Design
7. Extending WordPress Editable Pages
9. Using WordPress Plugins
10. Extending the User Experience
11. WordPress Administration
12. Publishing Your WordPress Site
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.