Join Paul Trani for an in-depth discussion in this video Implementing video, part of Creating a First Website in Dreamweaver CC 2015.
- Adding video to your website is almost as easy…as adding an image, except for a few caveats.…I encourage you to do so because, honestly,…we need to take advantage of the technology at hand,…we know video is popular, and that's what I wanna do…for my "About" page.…Rather than me explaining everything about myself in text,…I'd rather sort of get my message across with a video.…First I need to make room for it.…So I'm gonna select this text here,…that's the H1, and if I right click…I can select that parent tag,…because really I need to get rid of this ".aside."…So right click again to delete it.…
And right here, if I click right in this white area,…I can see that this says ".sectionRight,"…when really I want this to extend all the way across.…So I'm gonna change this to ".sectionFull."…See, code hinting, I can select that, ".sectionFull."…All right, so this is what I want,…and what I wanna do is I wanna select this "H2"…and just beneath this H2 is where I wanna add the video.…So, with that H2 selected,…I'm gonna go over here to the Insert panel.…
Over the course of the training, you'll learn about building basic webpages; adding text, links, images, and navigation; and making your layout "flexible" on mobile devices. Each step provides another lesson on HTML and CSS, the building blocks of the web. Along the way, Paul shows how to add bonus features, such as animation from Edge Animate, a Twitter feed, and an interactive contact form.
- Planning a website
- Creating your first webpage
- Adding HTML5 content
- Styling content and the layout with CSS
- Adding images
- Creating navigation
- Building alternate layouts for tablets and mobile devices
- Adding animation and video
- Creating a contact form
- Uploading and testing the website
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding Website Design
2. Creating a Webpage
3. Stylizing Content
4. Adding Navigation and Pages
5. Creating a Flexible Layout
6. Adding Media
7. Creating a Contact Form
8. Testing and Uploading
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.