Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting to know the Android OS, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
The Android operating system developed by the currently named Android Open…Source Project and led by Google, is one of the two initially supported by…Dreamweaver, and deservedly so as it's growing by leaps and bounds.…According to Adobe's NetAverages site, as of this recording, Android has a…healthy 21% share of the market.…As you can see when I drill down by double-clicking on the Android pie-slice,…Android's market penetration has been steadily growing in the last year.…
The Android news is even better when regarded from a global perspective.…According to the independent research from Canalys, Android has close to…one-half of the worldwide smartphone market;…48% as of August 2011.…What makes Android so popular?…Well, its open source nature and Google pedigree are key ingredients, but so is…its robust technology.…Although an in-depth dive into the Android OS architecture is beyond the scope…of this course and you don't need it to get started developing mobile apps with…Dreamweaver, a brief overview will give you a sense of how things are structured…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.