Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Gathering text details, part of Building Android and iOS Apps with Dreamweaver CS5.5.
Text fields are the true workhorses of forms and as such often don't get the…respect they deserve.…Thanks to HTML5 the lowly text field is now energized with a new burst of…functionality, nicely rendered by JQuery Mobile.…Here's an example of how the various text fields are used.…We have the standard Name field, the Email field, and the Comment field.…I'll show you this form in the Emulator later so you can see some of the…special functionality.…Now let's turn to our basic page which is report.html from the Chapter 6 > 06_02…folder and I've already started this out with a basic JQuery Mobile code for the…page and I even set up a little bit of the theming.…
So now we're ready to put in our first text field.…I'm going to go ahead and remove Content here, keep my cursor there, and then…go over to the Insert panel, make sure you're on the jQuery Mobile category and choose Text Input.…Dreamweaver will insert all of the code that you need for a standard text input.…Notice that it is wrapped in a div with the data-role of fieldcontain.…
- Understanding the mobile app toolset
- Working with jQuery Mobile and mobile starters in Dreamweaver
- Applying an overall theme to an app
- Specifying Android settings
- Simulating the iPhone
- Setting up mobile pages
- Keeping jQuery Mobile current
- Applying page transitions
- Creating collapsible content
- Defining list views with images
- Creating web forms for mobile
- Integrating geolocation data with Google Maps
- Previewing an app in Device Central
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS 4 Web Applications with HTML5 and CSS3with Ray Villalobos3h 26m Intermediate
1. Exploring the Mobile App Landscape
2. Creating Your First Mobile App
Working with jQuery Mobile7m 37s
3. Setting Up an Android Work Environment
4. Establishing an iOS Workspace
5. Building a Mobile App from Scratch
6. Crafting a Form for Mobile
7. Advanced Features
8. Working with Device Central
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.