Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Future type: Defining CSS Regions, part of Typography with CSS in Dreamweaver.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Ready for a sneak peek into Typography's possible future?…Adobe has released a Prototype of a feature called CSS Regions, that allow type…to flow from one column to the next around images and even within shapes.…It's all handled by a series of proposed CSS properties.…The prototype is displayed with a special version of WebKit, the same rendering…engine found in Safari, Google Chrome, and Dreamweaver.…Adobe has put out a public Prototype of CSS Regions on its Adobe Labs site, and…you can find it at labs.adobe. com/technologies/cssregions.…
Or just go to the Adobe Labs homepage and you'll find it there on the list.…After you've taken a moment to read through the information about it, you're…free to download the CSS Regions Prototype.…There is a version for both Windows and Mac, which you can get to by…selecting the check box that acknowledges that you've read and agreed to the…terms of their licenses.…Well, I've already downloaded the Mac version, and unzipped it, and put it on my Desktop.…
- Modifying type in the CSS Styles panel
- Understanding the different type measurement unit options
- Allowing users to set page type size
- Employing web-safe fonts
- Exploring CSS 3 typeface options
- Setting up @font-face
- Applying color and transparency to type
- Styling the font weight, case, and letter spacing
- Inserting drop caps
- Rotating text with CSS transform
- Laying out text in multiple columns
- Incorporating ordered and unordered lists
- Targeting lists items with the nth-child selector
Skill Level Intermediate
Creative Inspirations: Doyald Young, Logotype Designerwith Doyald Young1h 41m Appropriate for all
1. Modifying Type in Dreamweaver
2. Establishing the Proper Type Unit
Working with pixels2m 34s
3. Choosing Site Typefaces
4. Integrating Color
Applying color to type4m 52s
5. Selecting Type Styles
6. Using Advanced CSS Text Effects
7. Structuring CSS Text
8. Defining Lists with HTML and CSS
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.